Skip to content
Proposal Preparation Checklist
- Starting to plan the project well in advance of proposal submission?
- Carefully studying the solicitation/program announcement?
- Proposing an innovative concept that specifically addresses the program guidelines?
- Achieving a meaningful strategic impact on the field overall, beyond its impact on target audiences?
- Explicitly building on prior work and on educational research?
- Adding to the knowledge base of learning?
- Broadening participation by underrepresented or underserved groups?
- Collaborating with organizations that can enhance your project impact?
- Actively involving your target audience in proposal planning?
- Working with an evaluator from the onset? Working backwards from intended outcomes?
- Partnering with learning sciences faculty and/or other researchers?
- Effectively using an advisory group of external experts?
- Revising your draft proposal based on external review prior to submission?